Sunday, March 18, 2007

Life Recruit Week 1967 - Field Trips

Frank says, "To make Life Recruit week different we tried several "outings." We visited the Lighthouse Mission in St. Louis; Vandalia Penal Farm, etc. I'm not sure where we went in '67, but here are two pictures of the bus ride." Paula remembers Menard State Prison as the outing this year unless it was '66. On the left, Charlotte Redmon and Carla Sexton in front of the Rostivitt twins and I think Bev Wagoner beside them. On the right Bruce Reeder and John Beck in the foreground. Connie Combes in the very center. I also spotted Janet Zumwalt, third to the right from Connie and partly hidden. From the looks of everyone this is on the way back to camp after a very long day. We also went to St. Louis one time and did some witnessing/singing under the Arch. Everyone looks pretty dressed up, but we wore dresses more often back then than we do now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gwen Heavner ~~ Hi!!!

I'll write more when I have more time! I recognize alot of people in several of the pics. GREAT SITE!!

The girl with Charlotte Redmon is Carla Sexton!

Anonymous said...

Holly Harden is in the upper left hand corner