Friday, March 9, 2007

Christian Athlete Week - 1966?

Dad had this marked as 1960. I don't think so -- back row of 2:1 Lyn Laughlin, 2:2 John Heston, 2:3 Pat Heston 2:5 Dan Clymer; Can anyone out there date for us? Name some other campers? This was taken by Wilson Wiseman. Frank says he has some more, plus some labeled as taken by Tom Ewald. I'm keeping an eye out, how about you?

Kay Wiseman said: Christian Athlete Week was probably 1964-65. 1:5 Marion Henderson; 1:6 Arnold Whitler; 1:8 Dan Dye 2:7 Tim Fry; 2:8 Roger Thomas. I was in school at LCC with Dan, Tim and Roger. Whitler and of course Henderson were professors.

Sandi Heston said: Based on how old my brothers (John and Pat Heston) look, it must have been 1966. John started his Freshman year of High School in Sept. of '66. I'd think he'd have been going into H.S. to attend that week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on how old my brothers (John and Pat Heston) look, it must have been 1966. John started his Freshman year of High School in Sept. of '66. I'd think he'd have been going into H.S. to attend that week.

Pat Heston said...

This was the very first (in the nation I think) Christian Athletes Week, 1966 or, possibly 1967. Prob. '66. Those I know for certain: Front Row: 1-Larry Misselhorn, 5 - Marion Henderson, 6-Arnold Whitler, 8-Danny Dye; Back Row: 1-Lynn Laughlin, 2-John Heston, 3-Pat Heston, 4-Floyd Thomas, 5-Dan Clymer, 7-Tim Frye, 8-Roger Thomas. Henderson was dean, Laughlin assistant, LCC faculty and students assisted. Very few campers. Great comradarie. Wonderful lessons and sermons. One of the best camp weeks at Bond I ever attended. Still remember it vividly and am blessed by it.

Pat Heston said...

This was the very first (in the nation, I believe) Christian Athletes Week. Most probably 1966, though could have been '67. Marion Henderson was dean, Lynn Laughlin the assistant, LCC faculty and students assisted. One of the best weeks of camp I ever attended at BCSC.
Those I recognize in photo: Front Row: 1 (Larry Misselhorn), 5 (Henderson), 6 (Arnold Whitler), 8 (Danny Dye); Back Row: 1 (Laughlin), 2 (John Heston), 3 (Pat Heston), 4 (Floyd Thomas), 5 (Dan Clymer), 7 (Tim Frye), 8 (Roger Thomas)