Sunday, March 4, 2007

Has Bond Camp made a difference in your life?

As Frank Bush has been forward picture after picture from his files, we have been struggling to name everyone. Recently he commented, "One of the things that has hit me as I have been working on these pictures – we really had contact with a lot of young people. That got me considering . . . How much positive influence did we really have in their lives?"

From Cliff Butler's dream of a camp out in that wooded wilderness in the early 1950s to the current day, many hundreds, probably thousands, of kids have gone through the camp. If you are one of them, tell us what influence it really had in YOUR life. Click on the "comment" to leave a note there or use the guest book. Let the faculty and board, past and present, want to know what you think.

And if you were baptized at camp and have a memory about that we would like to hear it as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was not baptized at camp however my son, Josh Monroe was baptized at Bond. And in the photo accompanying this bit ... squatting down so that only his head and shoulders are above the water is my cousin Joe Schmidt. Joe and his wife Nancy are currently ministering with a church in Vinton, Va

Anonymous said...

From what I can remember, I had some wonderful times at Bond Camp. It served the Kingdom well as a vehicle for discipling children and youth for our Lord. It has come a long way since Cliff Butler(minister of First Christian/Greenville) loaded me in his car and hauled us out to a patch of wilderness of brush and thornes--- and announced to me that we were looking at a place where God was going to build a church camp for youth. I do remember looking at him like he"d just been dropped here from Mars. God is good, indeed!! In His grip---Don Ray